Weed Whacker tool for my Brush Cutter…..WOW!
I neglected the retaining bank for the water race over the past year and it had become very overgrown with brambles and thistles taller than me.
I have one of the big Honda 4 stroke brush cutters that has been really good but it’s a big ask to tackle the big thistles and brambles.
I went to the local suppliers, Mountain Engineering and asked them what attachments they had that would do the job. They came up with a tool called the Weed Whacker and said that it just shredded brambles. It was $60 ! A bit expensive but Oh Well, I bought it.
I got home and tried it straight away. What a tool! Yes, it shreds brambles, thistles and whatever gets in it’s way! I did what would have normally taken me a day in about 2 hours.
The $60 Weed Whacker. What a tool!
Other jobs I’ve done in the last couple of weeks….
– bought a truck-load of pine bark for the beds opposite the front of the house, by the windmill and in the front paddock.
– pine barked the raspberry patch.
– finished the concrete pad for the home power system.
– bought an 80 watt 12 volt solar panel and 4 x 12 volt water pumps to pump water up from the water race to the first water tank.
– planted about 200 hawthorn seedlings in planters. These will be for the hedge alongside the road. I’ll probably need another 200 as well.